Appearances on Airwolf episodes
- Daddy's Gone A Hunt'n (episode) - Used by Vietnamese troops under Colonel Quoc, and later by Russian guards at Omrylkot.
- Condemned (episode) - The AK was used by several Russian sailors. One sailor held up Hawke with his AK. Caitlin knocked him out from behind and Hawke picked up his weapon for his own use. As seen from the images below, the weapon is the early AK model, as identified by the plain muzzle and the rectangular lightening cut out on the miller receiver. This may be a bit anachronistic as by the 1980s most Russian troops had been issued the modernized AKM or the AK-74. But perhaps the navy got the lowest priority in new equipment, especially oceanographic ships?
- Prisoner of Yesterday (episode) - Used by government troops. The slant cut muzzle brakes indicate an AKM variant but it is hard to see how the front sight looks like. Could be an AKM, a Norinco or an Egyptian MAARDI.
- Short Walk To Freedom (episode) - Archaeologist Ozzie Hathaway grabs one off a bandit guard and shoots up the camp. This creates a diversion which allows Hawke to escape. Again, from the slant cut muzzle brake, it looks mighty like an AKM variant. This time the open front sight can be seen and indicates it can't be a Chinese-made Norinco. It could be an Egyptian MAARDI or an actual AKM.
- Fortune Teller (episode) - Stoner's men use it to defend Scotty's Keep during Zebra Squad's assault.