Hawke goes undercover as an exchange pilot after the F.I.R.M learns someone in the Air Force is plotting to steal a tactical jet for the Soviets. But Hawke is soon torn between duty and friendship when he learns the traitor is Major Sam Roper a former Vietnam war comrade who is hoping to rescue his son held captive by the Russians, and Roper's wife Nhi Houng is an old girlfriend.
(spoiler alert - click on expand to read)
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Omrylkot, U.S.S.R.
- Boeing Skyfox
- Lockheed T-33 - Sam Roper steps off the cockpit of one. It is also in the background of the photo of Roper and fellow pilots which is shown to Ho Minh Truong
- North American F-100 Super Sabre - stock footage used to represent Russian MIG-23s
- Background views of numerous aircaft
- McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom
- Lockheed C-130 Hercules
- Boeing 707
- Northrop T-38A Talon
- AK-47 - Colonel Quoc's guards and Russian troops guarding Omrylkot
- MAC-10 - Carl Zimmer
- CAR-15 - Dominic uses it during the rescue of Ho Minh
- The aircraft used in the show is, surprisingly, a heavily upgraded Lockheed T-33 jet trainer which was marketed by the Skyfox Corporation (later bought over by Boeing). It looks ultra modern but actually retains more than 70% of the venerable T-33 airframe. Only one such prototype was produced and the project was cancelled as there were no buyers.
- Marella appeared in the pilot but this is her first appearance as one of Archangel's white suited aides.
- Marella reveals that she hasn't met Dominic.
- Youth in Film Awards - 1985
- Best Performance by a Young Actor (Nomination) - Chad Allen
Guest stars/Recurring cast
- James Whitmore, Jr. as Major Sam Roper
- Deborah Pratt as Marella
- Charles Knox Robinson as Carl Zimmer
- Irene Yah-Ling Sun as Nhi Huong Roper
- Aki Aleong as Colonel Quoc
- John Sanderford as Lieutenant John Winner
- Paul Tuerpe as Lieutenant Simms
- Chad Allen as Ho Minh Truong
- Stan Roth as M.P.
- Larry Margo as Radar Station Lieutenant
- Duncan Wilmore as Radar Station Controller
- Radu Gavor as Russian Officer
- Gene Bicknell as Jeep Driver
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20140803111902/http://series.airwolf.tv/episodes/ep02
- ↑ See compilation at the Internet Plane Database at this link
- ↑ Wikipedia article on the Boeing Skyfox
- ↑ http://series.airwolf.tv/briefings/awards
- ↑ Airwolf Trading Cards Site