Ex-U.S. General Sandower, an extremist, has established a launch pad and support facility at an abandoned desert mining complex. He plans to launch his own personal nuclear missile toward Moscow, with the help of a small private army and launch crew he has organized. As Sandower begins his brief countdown to lift-off, Hawke must use Airwolf to abort the start of World War III. Unfortunately, Hawke's sole aide is a fumbling drunk with a fear of flying. They roar toward the site in Airwolf, hoping desperately to destroy the missile before it gets too far away to be stopped.
(spoiler alert - click on expand to read)
work in progress
- Hughes 369D - belonging to General Sandower's private army
- F-4 Phantom - seen during a flashback in Hawke's mind to the Vietnam war
- Ruger AC556K - used by some of General Sandower's troops. Hawke captures one and uses it during their escape.
- M16 - used by some of General Sandower's troops. Dominic captures one and uses it during their escape. Also by US troops during flashback to Vietnam War.
- M60 machine gun - mounted on a jeep belonging to General Sandower's private army.
- M1911A1 - Hawke fires during one of his flashbacks to the Vietnam War.
- Emmy® Nomination: Outstanding Film Sound Editing for a Series - 1985
- Barney Cabral, ADR Editor; Gene Corso, Sound Editor; Gene Gillette, Music Editor; Donlee Jorgensen, Sound Editor; Gary Mundheim, Sound Editor; John Newlan, Sound Editor; Michael D. Wilhoit, Supervising Sound Editor; Ascher Yates, Sound Editor 
Guest stars/Recurring cast
- Eugene Roche as Eddie Donahough
- Joseph Campanella as General Elliot Sandower
- Elizabeth Stack as Tanya
- Anthony Tyler Quinn as Everett
- Marilyn Schreffler as Angie
- Chris Reynolds as Nurse
- David Orr as Soldier