Proof Through The Night was the fourth episode of Season 1. The episode first aired on 2/11/1984. This is still early in the series and a lot of screen time is spent introducing the audience to background details: Airwolf's capabilities, the Wolf's Lair, and the F.I.R.M. headquarters (whose codename "Knightsbridge" is mentioned for the first time). Time is also spent developing the relationship between Archangel and Marella. Archangel's real name is mentioned in full for the first time, by Marella.
Archangel sends Hawke and Santini to extract a F.I.R.M agent from the Soviet Union. The agent has obtained something so urgent and vital that he has deemed it necessary to blow his cover after 22 years: a deadly neurotoxin developed by Russian scientists. The mission is complicated by the fact that Airwolf's must fly without its weapons in order to carry the fuel needed to cover the requisite distance with the "extra weight" of the agent and his family. To make things worse, the agent's wife and daughter refuse to leave.
(spoiler alert - click on expand to read)
(work in progress)
- Sverdlovsk, U.S.S.R.
- Kirivitz, U.S.S.R.
- Bell 206L LongRanger - Marella's and Archangel's transport, callsign "Angel 1".
- Boeing KC-135 - refuels Airwolf over the Baltic Sea
- Hughes 500 - used to depict a Russian gunship
- North American F-100 Super Sabre - stock footage used to depict Russian MiG-23 fighters
- Valmet M71S - Russian militia man and later Dominic.
- M1911A1 - Dominic. Hawke uses a Browning pattern weapon but it is not clear if it is a M1911 or some other variant like a Detonics Combat Master.
- Marella uses the callsign "Angel 1" when flying Archangel's LongRanger helicopter. This callsign is heard again in Season 2 Moffett's Ghost (episode) when Marella is flying a JetRanger.
- The callsign or codename "Jericho" is also heard. This is also used by Hawke in Moffett's Ghost (episode) to summon Archangel on the radio.
- Hawke calls Marella the most beautiful, most intelligent woman in the world.
Guest stars/Recurring cast
- Rick Lenz as Vladimir Rostoff
- Linda Grovenor as Tanya Rostoff
- Deborah Pratt as Marella
- Radu Gavor as Ivan Turgyev
- Maria Korda as Natalya Rostoff
- Chris Capen as KC-135 Pilot Captain Nuzo (as Cris Capen)
- Greg Winfield as KC-135 Co-Pilot
- Rick Garia as Sgt. Tembrusco
- Sam Kwasman as Cpl. Munga
- Scott Turchin as 1st Russian Soldier
- Eric Goldner as Technician